Mountain Bike Instructor Course - Expressions of Interest
- Created on Tuesday, 22 April 2014 15:01
- Hits: 1700
Gippsland MTB INC. has won a grant through the Country Action Grant Scheme to send five members to the Professional Mountain Bike Instructor (PMBI) Certification Course - Level 1. The course will run in Melbourne on Friday 10th October to Sunday 12th October 2014. The grant covers the course fees only.
The committee is seeking Expressions of Interest from those interested in attending. The committed expects that participants will:
- Commit to attending the entire 3 day course and complete all required course work
- Organise and pay for their travel (and accommodation) expenses to the course location based in Melbourne, VIC.
- Have a passion for coaching
- Are willing to share the skills learnt by conducting MTB skills coaching sessions at Gippsland MTB Inc. events in Gippsland.
- Be a competent mountain bike rider
- Be a Gippsland MTB Inc. member
The committee hopes to select participants who meet the above criteria and who will give back to the different Gippsland regions and XC/DH fraternities.
EOI applicants should include a brief explanation (1-2 paragraphs) why they wish to attend the course and how they will contribute to the club using these new skills.
The funding for these positions is provided by the Department of Transport, Planning and Local Infrastructure through the Country Action Grant Scheme 2014.
More Information on the course can be found at: